Every day I get asked about how to get my mouth/teeth healthier. I also get questions about overall health. I believe there are a few things each of us can do each day for overall health and well being.
- Remember the mouth and the rest of the body are all connected. Think About it, a healthy mouth will go a long way towards overall good health.
- Floss each and every day! (at least once)
- Brush at least twice a day. Use an electric toothbrush and don't brush too hard.
- Limit sugar! After eating dessert or soda try to rinse your mouth with water and drink some water too.
Increase water intake and decrease other beverages.
- Eat lots of, or at least some, veggies! You can never get enough veggies. At most meals just eat some. Do it first then they are done. There are so many to choose from. Pick some and eat every day. Carrots, Broccoli...
- Sleep! Get your sleep!
- Walk each day. We all sit too much. Try to take a walk each and every day, especially outside!